Answered

Can the Slack integration show replies in a Slack thread to keep the channel tidy?

• 25 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

We’re setting up Intercom to replace Zendesk.

We’re not moving to adding Intercom to Slack and would like to be able to have any replies to threads appearing as a Slack message in the thread.

Is that possible?

Another thing that is useful is to show the users email address in the Slack message like

Does anyone know if either of these are possible?

icon

Best answer by Eden 28 September 2023, 20:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Murat Mutlu 👋 Eden from the support engineer team here.

To confirm, is this when using the native Slack integration in Intercom? If so, with the Slack integration, the first notification for an individual ticket is posted as a message in the channel and subsequent notifications are then posted as threaded replies, so this should already be expected behavior.At the moment, attribute sending with the Slack integration isn’t possible for conversations either (though for tickets, the top 3 ticket attributes will send). This is a great feature request for the team though! 👍

Hi @Eden - is there a way the Slack Integration can be configured so that only the first notification will be posted to the channel and not the subsequent threaded replies? We want to avoid having our customers share confidential information that could be potentially be shared within the Slack channel.

Badge

I don’t see teammate responses in this thread - only the customer side of the conversation. How can I see the team response?

Badge

I figured it out. I just created a second workflow for the response and the Slack integration is smart enough to thread it looks like: