Answered

How would I make a custom app to turn the lead into a user?

• 3 March 2024
  • 1 reply

We have a website that is hosted on Wix. Wix is not directly integrated with Intercom. We do have a login function on our app, but we really do not use it frequently, and our customer’s do not either. We have people email and message us, but I am trying to turn those into users through the click of a button. I am mainly trying to do this to merge all of the duplicate conversations into a single person that would constantly contact us without manually typing in the information and creating a user.

Has anyone found a way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Weibin Z 3 March 2024, 08:19

View original

1 reply

Hey Brandon,

It’s a bit tough to track user profiles if your customers do not leverage the login function on your app often.

I’d recommend building an automation using the Create Contact API. For all current users and future users, take their emails (and/or user_id if you have it) and create user profiles for each person. 

Once the user profile exists, the following emails from existing email addresses should show up on the User profile in Intercom. 

Unfortunately, no easy way to handle automatic Lead->User conversion unless it’s tracked throughout a session on your website.