Answered

Intercom API - Search ticket by custom attribute

• 11 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi. I am integrating the Intercom API in our application. Currently, I am unable to figure out how to perform a search for tickets with a specific custom attribute. As an example, we have created a custom attribute “Paying customer” based on whose value i need to filter and retrieve the tickets using the API search. Kindly advise on how best to proceed. Please see attached screenshot for further reference.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 16 March 2024, 21:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Venkat Narasimhan 

Just a heads up that “Tickets” and “Conversations” are two different things in Intercom. You mentioned you are searching for Tickets in your message, but your screenshot is of a Conversation. I just want to help you avoid running into any confusion around that in the future so I thought I’d point that out.

Unfortunately, you cannot search conversations in the API based on custom attributes. The ‘search for conversations’ endpoint does not support the use of custom attributes in the query. You can see a full list of the supported search terms in the Intercom API documentation.

I’m happy to flag this as a Feature Request. In the meantime, it IS possible to search conversations based on their Tags. If this search functionality is integral to your team, I would suggest you Tag your conversations with the necessary information instead of (or in addition to) using Custom Attributes!