Answered

iOS - Use of undeclared identifier 'IntercomModule'

• 4 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey, I'm getting the following build error trying to integrate the React Native SDK with iOS builds. Android build works fine. I have tried the both ways (Automatic & Manual) of installation the sdk.

Intercom package version : 5.2.0

X-Code - 14.2

React-Native Version: 0.66.4

Node : 14.17.0

icon

Best answer by Racheal 11 August 2023, 00:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Viren Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Two questions for you!

1. Did you have a successful pod install ?
  2. Without adding that IntercomModule.initialize(this, "apiKey", "appId"); line, does the project build successfully?

Hi @Racheal, Thanks for your quick response. 

1. Yes, we have successfully installed the pod in the project. 
  2. When we create the build without adding IntercomModule.initialize(this, "apiKey", "appId");  line the project build successfully.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Great- thanks for trying! 

I know you told me this but could you double-check you run pod install command. Additionally, you imported the <IntercomModule.h> on the top (among the other imports) before the didFinishLaunchingWithOptions method and they are in the same file (iOS/AppDelegate.m), right? It doesn't recognise the IntercomModule identifier, so it is either related to #import not being done before you used initialize code, or the pod is not installed.

Hi @Racheal, thanks for your response really appreciated.

Finally I have found the issue which was causing the error.

When i have checked the installation document first i might have seen the setup for the ios native version.

And by mistake i forgot to delete the pod ‘Intercom’ line from pod file.

So the compiler are getting two references for the intercom module and couldn’t decide where to reference from.

Thank You.