Answered

No chat (only helpdesk) and feature suggestions forum

• 29 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi there!

1. I’m looking to only have a helpdesk site. I do not wish to have the chat box on my main site. is this possible?
  2. Does Intercom offer a solution, like a forum, where members can suggest and upvote feature suggestions?

Thanks

Alex

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 29 January 2024, 12:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Alex Kyrlis 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support. Thanks for reaching out!

In relation to your questions, I can confirm you can use our Help Desk without having to install the Messenger on your website. You can forward your emails to Intercom and manage all of them from our Help Desk. For more information about email forwarding, I’d recommend that you check this article here.

In regards do your second question, you can suggest ideas and share upvotes on our Product Wishlist page

I hope you find this information helpful. Have a great day!

lHey @Alex Kyrlis 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support. Thanks for reaching out!

In relation to your questions, I can confirm you can use our Help Desk without having to install the Messenger on your website. You can forward your emails to Intercom and manage all of them from our Help Desk. For more information about email forwarding, I’d recommend that you check this article here.

In regards do your second question, you can suggest ideas and share upvotes on our Product Wishlist page

I hope you find this information helpful. Have a great day!

Hi Larisa,

No, I meant that I would like for MY helpdesk to have a sort of a forum, for feature suggestions for my platforms.

Thanks

Alex

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Alex Kyrlis 

Thanks for your clarification.

I’m afraid we don’t have a feature for that at the moment. You can track the requests your customers send you on conversations by adding a tag “feature request” for example.

Hope this helps!

Hi Larissa,

I’m trying to setup intercom without a chatbox on my main site.
But it will always display this:

Connect to Intercom to unlock the Help Desk

The Help Desk brings your inbox, tickets, and help center into one AI-enhanced workspace—so you can get more done, faster. Use a snippet of code or an integration to get started.

So I have to place the chatbox on my main site, then remove it?

Thanks
Alex

But even if I try to install the messenger, I can’t with a trial or subscription?

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/2546256-troubleshooting-when-the-messenger-doesn-t-appear

. Do you have a subscription that includes the Messenger?

You won’t be able to use the Messenger if you don’t have an Intercom trial or subscription.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Alex Kyrlis !

Are you trying to completely prevent the Messenger launcher from appearing on your site? If so, you can turn it off for Visitors and for Users in your Messenger Settings page. Make sure you click on both the ‘Visitor’ and the ‘User’ tab and toggle it off for both. Then save your changes 😀