Answered

What could be the actual login flow: The activity_type shows admin_away_mode_change and then admin_login_success?

• 30 June 2023
  • 2 replies

• New Participant
  • 1 reply

Hi Intercom Team,

I want to understand the user’s Intercom Login flow. The purpose of this analysis is to capture User’s active hours in Intercom by analysing activity_type and timestamp.

So far, the normal login flow is 1) admin_unauthorized_sign_in_method 2) admin_login_success , and when user changes to away mode then it shows 3) admin_away_mode_change 

However, I found some cases that admin_login_success shows up again after admin_away_mode_change. 

Question: What could be the possible scenario of this? 

Thank you in advance

Yoon

icon

Best answer by Eden 5 July 2023, 20:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Yoon 👋 Eden from the support engineer team here.

It looks like one of my teammate’s responded to this question via the Messenger, but I’ll add their answer below as well:

If your workspace uses SAML SSO (or other custom authentication setups), teammates may be prompted to login multiple times in a day if, for example, their login was to get timed out after a certain period of time. This would be something you would need to check with your team. Closing out the browser and reopening it would normally require a new login with this login method too, although opening a new tab would not require another login as long as you have logged in successfully through that particular browser. In addition, if the teammate’s cache was cleared or they logged in through a separate browser/device then there could be subsequent login activities appearing without a logout appearing between them. 👍

Thank you very much, Eden!