Answered

How to migrate selected articles from Zendesk to Intercom?

• 18 October 2023
  • 2 replies

• New Participant
  • 1 reply

How to migrate selected articles from Zendesk to Intercom

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 18 October 2023, 17:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @jeni  👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support.

You can keep your your Zendesk Guide articles in sync with your Intercom Help Center and use them to power Intercom Support tools in the Messenger, Bots and Inbox for improved self-serve performance and team efficiency 🙌

Important to Note:

• You must have access to Zendesk Guide.
  • You’ll still keep your Help Center website on Zendesk.
  • Only published Zendesk articles are synced. They must either be public or visible to logged-in users. Any articles that have other audience targeting rules applied to them in Zendesk won’t be synced.
  • Once the sync is complete, articles will be live in your Intercom Help Center.
  • Only one Zendesk Help Center can be synced at a time. If you want to change the Help Center that you’re syncing, remove the current sync and then resync using the new Zendesk domain.

Synced articles and their content will be also retrievable from the Public API similar to Intercom articles. However, you won’t be able to edit or manipulate synced articles via API calls.
You can check out this article on how to get started. 

I hope this helps!

Hi, I am planning to migrate only some articles from Zendesk to Intercom. Is there an option to do it? The only guide I can see is to migrate all articles from Zendesk to Intercom by using sub domain. However when I tried to use the subdomain, it just migrated some articles which are not the ones that I was supposed to transfer.  So in case the only option is to migrate all articles, questions are

1. Can we migrate guides and have them show unpublished in Intercom?
  2. Can we update the target audience for articles in bulk?

Thank you.