Answered

Why is article editing soooo basic?? Am I missing something?

• 3 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I am new to Intercom but have used other platforms before. We just migrated close to 400 articles, and am wondering why is article editing so basic.

Here is what I am looking to do, maybe I just have not found it yet:

• Duplicate an article: Looks like th only option is to highlight everything on the page and copy/paste. But when you do this not all of the formatting comes through ok
  • Text color - Just Bold and italtics? really? Why can’t we have some color options for text
  • Embedding other than video - I would like to embed widgets from other platfoms like supademo.com to show click through demos, but it looks like only “known” video urls are accepted. Why not accept anything that allows iframing or embedding?
  • Looping MP4 - I would like to have an MP4 that loops, autoplays so it can demonstrate features. I know I can do GIF, but quality can suffer

I know Intercom has been around for a while and was expecting a bit more robustness on the Articles sides of things.

Any hope for these simple requests or has this ben a stale area of development over the years?

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 5 September 2023, 14:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Rob Galvin  I agree 100% it would be amazing to see Articles get an upgrade with some of the features you mentioned and others.  

Hope these ideas can be added to feature requests for a future Articles update for sure!  Intercom is constantly improving and there have been many updates, but it does feel like Articles could be due for an update -- curious to see what the teams says on this one as well. 

Sidenote, I also love Supademo as well, it would be great to embed something like that into the help center -- I never thought of this, we just used it in-app or on our website.  

Also, on the GIF front, I feel like some tools like Cleanshot and others do a better job on GIF than others so if you are finding the quality suffering in the meantime maybe test out some other tools!  I’d recommend Screen.studio or Cleanshot if you are on Mac. 

Hope this helps

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Rob Galvin 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support. Thanks for your feedback!

Those are very popular requests! As @Nathan Sudds said, our team is constantly improving Articles and we are working hard to implement new features.

You can check on this article here what is currently available when formatting an article.

I’ll make sure to let the team know that you are keen to see these features implemented soon.

Our product team reviews all feature requests we get and we spend a lot of time researching and working on new features. Whenever we do release new features, we'll announce it on the Product Changes page, so I'd recommend keeping an eye here: https://www.intercom.com/changes/en.

Hope this helps!

@Rob Galvin  I agree 100% it would be amazing to see Articles get an upgrade with some of the features you mentioned and others.  

Hope these ideas can be added to feature requests for a future Articles update for sure!  Intercom is constantly improving and there have been many updates, but it does feel like Articles could be due for an update -- curious to see what the teams says on this one as well. 

Sidenote, I also love Supademo as well, it would be great to embed something like that into the help center -- I never thought of this, we just used it in-app or on our website.  

Also, on the GIF front, I feel like some tools like Cleanshot and others do a better job on GIF than others so if you are finding the quality suffering in the meantime maybe test out some other tools!  I’d recommend Screen.studio or Cleanshot if you are on Mac. 

Hope this helps

Nathan - thanks for the mention of Cleanshot - I have been using Awesome Screenshot Chrome extension, but this is way better.