Answered

Assignee Name

Is there a way to show the name of agent to whom chat is assigned on messenger?

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 4 May 2024, 02:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Mitali SaxenaĀ interesting question, could you share more about where you'd like to see this information?Ā 

If you can share a screenshot or some direction on that then I'm sure we can provide more insight into what's possible.Ā 

Ā 

Is this in a report or inbox view you are looking for the assignee to show or in the individual conversation view?

Ā 

Ā 

Hi @Nathan SuddsĀ , Thanks for responding.

We would like to say something like, ā€˜Hi there, I am <assignee-name>, please let me know how can I help you?ā€™ in the individual conversation view (messenger that is client facing).

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Mitali SaxenaĀ  Thanks for this additional context, we may still need a little more to get to the exact thing you want to do and whether itā€™s possible -- I have a feeling this canā€™t be done based on assignee right now but it could be done by the assignee if they are the one sending the message.Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ll explain more below and you canĀ let me know if anyĀ of these feel helpful insight intoĀ what you are trying to do:

Ā 

1. If this is for a manual reply in the conversation, you can use dynamic tags for ā€œAuthor Nameā€ or ā€œAuthor Full Nameā€Ā in the Macro Ā if the assignee is the one sending it.Ā  (You can also add the userā€™s name dynamically too, I didnā€™t do that in the screenshot to prevent confusion)
    Ā 

Ā 
  2. If this is for a Proactive Support message although I think itā€™s notĀ -Ā you could choose theĀ Owner option in order to send messages as Account Owner (Not sure if this would be the same as assignee in your use case or if Account owner is set)
    Ā 

Ā 
  3. If this is for the welcome message -Ā  Thereā€™s no option forĀ ā€œassignee nameā€Ā here and Iā€™m not sure Owner would be the correct reference in the dynamic fields but then again no one would be assigned to a new message yet so most likely this is not what you are looking for either.

Note a bigĀ challenge with aĀ message like this is that the fallback would need to be set to something Ā like ā€œreadyā€ because otherwise when thereā€™s no account owner set youā€™d end up with a blank entry so it would just say ā€œI amā€

So youā€™d end up with something likeĀ Ā ā€œHi there, I am ready, please let me know how can I help you?Ā 

Iā€™m not sure this is a big concern, it may be more customization than is needed with #3 -- but hopefully #1 and #2 provide some assistance.Ā 

If I misunderstood the request, feel free to explain more or we can always jump on a call to dig into it.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Nathan SuddsĀ , You understood it perfectly and #3 is what we require.

Thanks for the clear explanation and the options that we have.

I will react out to you in case I need any further details.

Ā 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Mitali SaxenaĀ No problem at all, glad to hear it was helpful!Ā Ā