Answered

Push notification on Background react native app

• 30 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I implemented intercom push notification on an react native app, it only works when i’m on the app but doesn’t work when the app is on background

Please how do i make it work? 

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 4 February 2024, 19:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Seyi Ewebajo ! Ebenezer here from Engineering Support👋.

Can you confirm that:

• The user is logged in when the push is sent
  • .logout() / .reset() were not called while the user sent the app to the background.

Also,

Hi @Ebenezer.Laleye , Yes i can confirm The user is logged in when the push is sent and .logout() / .reset() were not called while the user sent the app to the background, I’m using v6.1.0 for wrapper and v0.72.3 for react native. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Seyi Ewebajo !

This will probably take some back and forth with our Support team to get to the bottom of it with you. I’m going to send your question their way. They will reach back out to you via the email that you have on file with us so be on the lookout for their message!

Hi @Jacob Cox

I haven’t gotten any email as regard to my question above, please note that is an urgent issue.

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Seyi Ewebajo 

I can see that my teammate, Paul, attempted to contact you a few times earlier this month and didn’t receive a reply from you. It looks like you opened the emails too, so it doesn’t appear that they went to your Junk mail. I would recommend you either respond to Paul’s email message to you, reach out to our team via email (team@intercom.io). or reach out to our Support team via your workspace’s Intercom Messenger. That way we can dig into the details of your issue!