Answered

Sub inbox

• 6 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,
As a company, we have been using intercom for some time. We have now reached the point where we also want to set up all inbound e-mail.

A short introduction to our company. We use intercom to contact our 20,000 delivery people who distribute for us every week.

In addition to chat support, we now also want to have incoming emails picked up within intercom by our various teams.
Teams are divided into regions and there are different functions within the region.

We would like to have incoming mail arrive in a regional inbox by region. We would then like to have a division within this teams inbox with different sub inboxes.

We are going to segment our users in intercom into regions.
I want to be able to apply rules to the general email addresses so that they end up in the correct team inboxes, but preferably also in sub-team boxes

So my question is actually whether this is possible? 

I hope the image below helps clarify my story

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 6 December 2023, 18:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Gwendolyn Reede-Lijding 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support.

You can create workflows in order to have conversations automatically assigned to different teams based on the criteria you define. You wouldn’t be able to create sub inboxes, but you can create 6 inboxes and then create Views to have them separate per region.

You can use as a condition the email the customer has written from and/or the country/location they are based in, for example.

If you want to learn more about how to set organize your Help Desk by teams, please check this article

And for more information on how to build inbox automations using Workflows, I’d recommend that you check this article.

I hope this helps but feel free to reach out to us again if you need more help!

Thank you for your quick response. Too bad this is not possible. The reason I asked is because I came across secondery team inboxes.
Can you also give me a little more explanation about secondery team inboxes?

What does this mean and why do you use it or not?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Gwendolyn Reede-Lijding  👋

Glad to clarify this for you!

For each teammate you can define their primary and secondary team inboxes. When all primary team inboxes are empty, the teammate starts receiving conversations from their secondary team inboxes.

For example, Bob is a teammate who speaks Italian and English. Bob’s primary focus is Italian team inboxes. Sometimes the flow of conversations in Italian team inboxes isn’t high. When this happens, Bob can start supporting the English team inboxes.

I hope this clarifies!