Answered

Opening articles in messenger doesn't work

• 17 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I’ve got a problem with opening articles in the messenger. You can test this problem on this website: https://community.intercom.com/

1. Click on an article in the list under “search for help”
  2. The article opens, click on the back icon
  3. Click on another article in the list under “search for help”
  4. The article doesn’t open, the messenger is blank and doesn’t respond

I’ve also got the same problem with opening articles with window.Intercom(“showArticle”, 12345), sometimes the messenger doesn’t open the article and is blank and doesn’t respond. I think this might be the same problem.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

icon

Best answer by Racheal 21 November 2023, 01:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @User1639 Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

After doing some more digging on my end, I see that this is a bug that our engineers have been notified of and are currently looking into. I’m going to forward this conversation into the support team so they can get you added to the issue, that way we can keep you posted on any updates.

@Racheal was this bug fixed?
We are keen to expose the notion of consuming help articles through the messenger to users, and making sure all articles we link to in-app opens there and not in a tab would be really useful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Sorry for missing your last message @Kasper ! I’m no longer able to replicate this behavior so it seems like that bug has been fixed.

Thanks for writing in about it!

@Jacob Cox we can replicate on our end. Articles are appearing blank in messenger.

Just having users reach out about it today.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @David Suckling !

I’m not able to replicate the original issue any more so your situation will probably need a deeper investigation with our Support Team. I’ve gone ahead and sent your message their way. They will reach out to you via the email that you signed up with to discuss your situation in more detail! Be on the look out for their reply!