Answered

[Android] Problem with new feature voice to text input in Android sdk 2.17.0

• 19 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Intercom Android sdk 2.17.0 adds the support to voice to text input in Messenger.
There is a bug on clicking on the new microphone button, a warning message with unexpected title appears. And the description of the message suggests to enable a permission not present in our application.
Is it possible to deactivate the feature voice to text input?

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 30 March 2024, 22:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Augustin !

I’m not super familiar with that voice to text feature. That pop-up message looks like it might be the standard pop-up message that is asking for permission to use the microphone on the User’s device.

You may want to look at the permissions that you’re asking for in your app setup. You can read up a little bit about how to set up some permissions in our docs here. Are you setting up a request for audio permissions in your app?

Also, you said that this was happening on version 2.17 of our Android SDK. Is that correct, though? We’re currently on version 15.7.1. As far as I know we never had a version 2.17. 

Let me know if you’re not seeing that audio permission set up included in your mobile app and I can send you over to our Support team to dig into this further with you!

Hello, i would like to say 15.7.1, sorry for the mistake.
We haven’t audio permission in our app.

It seems that the pop-up is launching by sdk intercom regarding the title.

Regards