Answered

Heads up - we’re working on React Native 🥳

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi folks! I’m Mat, the Product Manager for our mobile SDKs. Just dropping in to share a sneak peak at some work that I think a number of people in the forum will be excited to hear.. we’re working on React Native support 🥳

We’ve started work on a React Native wrapper for our mobile SDKs, and we’re aiming to release it around July. I know not having a supported option for React Native apps has been a pain point for a number of you, so I’m hoping you’ll be as excited about this news as I am!

I’ll share more info here as we get closer to the release. For now, here are the headlines:

• The React Native wrapper should be available around July.
  • It’ll work with the latest versions of our Android and iOS SDKs at the time.
  • The wrapper will be fully supported by us, and we’ll be keeping it up to date with each new release of our mobile SDKs.

Below is a gif of a conversation opening from a push notification in a React Native app on Android. As you can see, we’re making good progress.

React Native - WIPThat’s all for now. Watch this space for more info over the next few weeks. We’re very excited to share this with you all 👍

icon

Best answer by User712 13 July 2021, 08:13

View original

4 replies

Hi, Ive followed the instructions here https://developers.intercom.com/installing-intercom/docs/intercom-for-react-native and everything works fine with the exception that the user is not recognised. I am passing through the users email and user Id successfully after login, but it does not greet the user by name. The app id is correct, I have followed every stage of config as above, and the user is present in the intercom account. But no username. Any help appreciated.Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 4.12.21 pm

To follow up, Intercom.registerIdentifiedUser({email:'bob@example.com',userId:'bob-123'})

is being called with appropriate values, and is returning true. (if I skip the params, it returs with "Error: No user registered. You must supply an email, a userId or both" so I assume everything is set up correctly. yet when displayMessenger() is called, the user has not been identified. behaviour is the same for iOS or android. thx

It is possible that a previous user registration (most likely an unregistered user) still exists on the device. Please try calling logout() and then registering an identified user.

Uninstalling the app or clearing app data and running it again will also fix the issue.

Thx, Raj, looks like this was it, in the end