Answered

Issue with Page Reload on Product Tour Link Click

• 4 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I've integrated a Product Tour link into a banner using Intercom. However, I've encountered an issue where clicking on the Product Tour link causes the page to refresh itself before initiating the tour. Ideally, the tour should start seamlessly since the banner appears on the same page where the tour begins. Is there a method to prevent this page from reloading upon clicking the link?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by bernice 6 February 2024, 10:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Lior Bar-Dov 👋 Bernice here from Intercom support.

I understand you’re wondering why this page has to reload when the selected Product Tour is going to run on the same page: as you’re using the “Use tour everywhere” feature here, your Product Tour can be shared via a link - so just like you’ve done here and placed in your banner. This option of having the Product Tour sharable wherever you wish will redirect the user to wherever the Tour begins, and in this case it strings the Product Tour ID onto the URL and triggers it if the user matches the audience rules.

Another option to prevent the page from reloading here would be to trigger your Product Tour using code with the Intercom('startTour', tourId) method. If the trigger (link/button) is placed on the page that the Product Tour is built on, this will trigger the tour without reloading the page. You'll find more on this JavaScript method in our Developer Documentation 📌

Got it. 

Thank you @bernice!