Answered

Excluding internal users and test accounts

• 29 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

What strategies are people using to remove internal users and test accounts from items like performance reports, success metrics etc?

Thanks,

Steve

icon

Best answer by Milan 16 August 2023, 13:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Adding @Kevin Bendixen @Milan @Nathan Sudds in case they can advise with this 🙌 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Steve Ervin, apologies for being late with the reply, but here are my thoughts.

1. You do not want to sync test accounts to Intercom - if you are syncing via Intercom API simply ask devs to have a logic that says whenever there is a user in your system with @testdomain.com as email address, simply do not sync it.
  2. But I understand sometimes you actually want to test the whole customer journey and you want test users in Intercom - then I’d say make sure that in every Series, Email, Chat, whatever feature, you simply exclude those who have email ending with @testdomain.com. Sometimes I build complex Series and I want to test them and I do that in production where I set entry rule to accept only my test accounts and set it live. Once I’m ok with the test, I can just remove that part of the rule and let everyone in, but than I have test accounts messing up the metric - so what I do is that then I duplicate the Series and launch that duplicate instead of the original. Original can stay for further testing if needed.