Answered

Looking for advise on how to best use office hours for reporting

• 29 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi! Our support team is made up of 3 people across San Francisco and Sydney (2 in SF, 1 in SYD). How do I best set up office hours to accurately reflect our response times and reporting?

Would it be to:

1. Create two teams, SF Support + SYD Support, and set team based office hours? (Would this just give me two sets of response times, and not an overall Support response time?)
  2. Disable default office hours in the messenger, so that they are not used for reporting?
  3. Delete default office hours entirely? (Would these last two just make our response times worse by essentially being online 24/7?)

Help!

icon

Best answer by Jennifer K 7 November 2023, 18:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Pat Barlow 

Jennifer here from Customer Support 

If you have custom office hours set up for different teams, this will only impact the 3 team inbox metrics. All other time based metrics will use the default office hours for the workspace once it is turned on in the Messenger Settings. This includes teammate metrics, as teammates can be members of many teams.

I wouldn't recommend deleting them entirely as this will cause issues as you said always being online. I’d recommend having a read of this article- https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/8425113-using-office-hours-in-reporting#h_cad052a6f0

Hope this helps