Answered

How do I stop the “Need Help?” pop-up from appearing in the Messenger?

• 25 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

How do I stop the pop-up that says “Need Help?” from appearing in the Messenger? I can’t find it anywhere in my settings!

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 25 June 2020, 18:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

We call this “Need Help?” message discovery mode. It’s a discreet way of calling attention to the Messenger for your customers, and letting them know that they can contact you through the Messenger.

This notification can’t be turned off or edited, but only shows at certain times:

• The text bubble only appears after 6 seconds on pages where you have the Messenger installed. 
  • Visitors/users will only experience this once, during their first visit of your website. 
  • The text bubble will only appear for visitors/users if they haven’t opened the Messenger on that page. 
  • The text bubble will only appear when a visitor/user hasn’t received a visitor/user auto message and they aren’t lined up to receive one. 
  • The text bubble will only trigger to visitors/users during your office hours, when your team is available to reply.  
  • If you have inbound conversations disabled the text bubble won’t show. 
  • The text bubble won’t show on your Help Center.

How do we request a feature to turn this off?

Userlevel 1

Hey @user442​, while it's not possible to turn this off, you can submit product feedback in our community-led @Product Wishlist​ group 😄

is that message can be edited ? if yes from where ? Also still carious if now can be turned off as it makes my UI test fails

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @ahmed m​ , Eric already mentioned that bubble will only appear when a visitor/user hasn’t received a visitor/user auto message and they aren’t lined up to receive one

If you simply set-up any visitor/user auto outgoing in-app message, you will change that text.

Yeah, this makes for a horrible UX for our customers. It pops up and then also gives them all of our release notes for a first time user. It's painful and the user has to close out to progress forward. Can this please be an option that can be turned off?