Answered

How do I untag users?

• 25 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve accidentally tagged a lot of users in bulk, how do I untag them?

icon

Best answer by User1046 7 June 2021, 06:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

The quickest way to untag a lot of users is to delete the tag in question. That’s not always possible, though!

Right now, there’s no way to bulk untag users through the UI. You’ll need to manually untag each user affected.

Alternatively, you can use our API to untag users.

Alternatively, create a series with entry rules being the tag name, then add the tag module to the series that removes the tag and ends.

As Eric mentioned, there isn't a way to bulk untag users. Possible workaround though 👇

If there are no users that you're wanting to keep tagged with this tag, then you can simply delete the tag within People and Company tags.

If there are users that you want to keep tagged with this tag, we do have a workaround you might find helpful--but it will require a few more steps.

In this example, I'm going to refer to the tag that needs to be removed as tag x.

For the users that you want to keep tagged with tag x , you will need to tag these users with a new tag, which we'll call tag y. If there are more than a few users, your best option would be to do this via a CSV import.

Once you've tagged these users with tag y you can go ahead and delete tag x, and then rename tag y to tag x.