Answered

How can I export my Help Center articles?

• 25 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to export all of my articles from the Help Center, how can I do that?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 25 June 2020, 18:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

You can export articles through the Articles API, full details on how to do this can be found in our Dev Docs.

@eric f11​ I am not that code-savvy to figure out how to export all my articles through the dev docs. Is there an alternative route I can take to export them all?

Userlevel 1

Hey @openfit​, I'm afraid the programatic route is the only one available to you right now!

@eric f11​ Surely under GDPR there needs to be data portability and API only access would fall foul of the rules. Right now, I'm considering a webscraper to get my own data from you, it seems ridiculous.

Hello! I recommend looking at Skyvia for export articles from Intercom: https://skyvia.com/connectors/intercom. You can export Intercom articles directly to major cloud and on-premise data sources. Export CSV files from Intercom in a convenient web-based user interface. Skyvia allows loading CSV files from your computer and various file storages. Powerful mapping settings allow you to load and synchronize Intercom data with sources having different data structures. You can schedule your operations to execute them automatically.

Oh, my, @bobby b​ that was #genius Thank you so much for the tip. I was a little shocked that it was as easy as that. I had an email all queued up for my developers when a few keystrokes at Skyvia solved the problem perfectly. I owe ya some birdseed, my friend. 🍻

This is precisely why we're moving away from Intercom 😓

I love how the team didn't respond to this comment regarding the lack of options being a GDPR violation over a year ago.