Answered

How do I integrate Intercom with Instagram?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there any way to integrate Intercom with Instagram?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 26 June 2020, 12:43

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1

Intercom now has a native Instagram integration! You can install it directly (or request an install from one of your teammates) in our App Store.

i cant find it..

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ri72​ , Instagram DM API no yet public. For that reason, it's not currently possible to Integrate it with Intercom.

Will be soon Zendesk announced this in October, but you have to build it yourself via approved FB app and have a verified pro Instagram account. So it's basically not available to SME's. Weirdly enough you can request business access and all the big conversational platforms are mentioned except Intercom. What's the deal with that?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @jan d​ , I think once Instagram API becomes available, the Octopods team will make an app for Instagram<>Intercom integration.

They already have integration with 17 channels such as What's app, Viber, SMS, etc.

Let's tag @mohamed e11​ , to get more information about this topic.

Badge +1

[Update 24/7/2021]: Octopods Instagram for Intercom is available now. https://octopods.io/intercom-instagram-integration/i>

Thanks a lot for the response and the tag, @roy s11​ , and for the question, @jan d​ and @ri72​ .

Roy is correct; the Instagram DM API isn't publicly available yet. Instagram is running a small private beta of the API at the moment. As far as we know, it's scheduled for public release sometime mid-year, but we don't have any solid timelines, so I can't make any promises.

As soon as it's available, our team will work to make it available for Intercom users. It's a popular request 🙂

P.S. In case anyone is wondering about Eric's response -- we used to offer a non-official Instagram DM integration in the past, but we no longer offer that option. It was not as reliable as our other channels.

Userlevel 1

Hey @mohamed e11​, thanks so much for jumping on this thread as an expert voice! I've updated the Best Answer to feature your reply as it's much more comprehensive 😄

Badge +1

Thank you very much, @eric f11​! Happy to help 😊🙏

Hey there, so I hear tell, @roy s11​ that at yesterday's F8 conference Facebook announced the release of the Instagram API. Is it reasonable to assume that in a reasonable amount of time Intercom chat messages can come and go directly through Instagram DMs?

Just hopin' here... 🙏

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @user667​ ,

I just checked and it's still in private beta (Only available for certain partners) = (

I also hope that soon Instagram Message API becomes available publicly and someone will develop Intercom <> Instagram integration.

Nowadays Instagram becomes one of the most have support channel, like What's app.

Badge +1

We have plans to make Instagram available with Octopods.io as soon as we're able! 😊🙌 I'll update this thread when it's ready, but if you wish for us to contact you directly, @user667​, please drop us a message at team@octopods.io and we'll add you to our Instagram list.

Badge +1

I have some good news! 🥳 Octopods now offers an Instagram integration for Intercom: https://octopods.io/intercom-instagram-integration

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. You must have your Facebook Page connected to your Instagram Business Account (See here)
  2. You will need to subscribe to the Octopods Instagram plan ($99/mo), which comes with 7 days free

There is no longer a limit on follower count. Any account can now be connected to Intercom via Octopods.

For those who wish to test it out, here's how to set it up — it takes about 3 minutes. If you have any questions, let me know! 😊