Answered

How do I integrate Intercom with WhatsApp?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there any way to integrate Intercom with WhatsApp?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 26 June 2020, 12:45

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 1

Intercom has a native WhatsApp integration! You can read more about how to set this up here.

This integration is a stand-alone paid add-on which can be added to any plan. Pricing starts from $9/mo.

Badge

I'm suggesting to use https://octopods.io/

Badge +1

Thanks a lot for the recommendation, @roy s11​! 😊 I'm happy to help anyone get set up; and here's a 5-min demo of how it works.

Badge

@mohamed e11​ ,Such a lovely demo with you and Albert 😇 Good job 👍

Badge +1

Hehe. Thanks @roy s11​ 😁😊

This sounds interesting to have all your conversations in one place 👍

Badge +1

@mahinour​ If you ever need a demo or have any questions, me and my teammates at https://octopods.iowould be glad to help you out 😊 Just send us a message on the site or on our WhatsApp: Send Octopods a WhatsApp message.

Sure. Thanks a lot👏

You can use ReplyNow (https://replynow.io tool for your Personal or Business WhatsApp account

Hey @mohamed e11​ I actually have a quick one for you. Would it be possibile to use your Intercom-Whatsapp integration to say use Whatsapp on landing pages used for marketing campaigns? Example: FB campaign that leads to a landing page with a Whatsapp CTA, the visitor clicks it and we reply on Intercom. Cheers

Badge +1

Hey @micael​ ! If I understand you correct, yes, you can definitely do that! 😊

In general, you can use the URL format https://wa.me/PHONENUMBERto direct people to your WhatsApp account, where they can directly send you a message. If they're on a PC, that'll take them to WhatsApp Web. On mobile, it loads the WhatsApp app for them.

You can also add this as a button in Intercom Messenger. We have an article on that here:

How to add your channel as a button in Intercom Messenger

Thank you! ​

Userlevel 1

@mahinour​ @roy s11​ good news - we've just launched our own native WhatsApp integration! You can read more about it here.

Badge

Is the WhatsApp app available for people in the Grow plan?​

Userlevel 1

Hey @dana l​, our WhatsApp integration is a stand-alone paid add-on which can be added to any plan. Pricing starts from $9/mo.

Badge

Fantastic! How do I add this on my plan? ​

Userlevel 1

When you go to install the app via our App Store, you'll be prompted to upgrade and add it to your plan. In terms of pricing, when I say it starts from $9/mo, this is dependent on the number of Inbox seats on your existing plan.

Badge

Yes, I tried this but there is a pop up with a blank screen and my browser tab then freezes every time.

Userlevel 1

Looks like this is a known issue with the launch - our team are looking into a fix for this now. I appreciate you're keen to upgrade, so I'll let you know as soon as that's been resolved!

Userlevel 1

Hey @dana l​, can I ask you to contact our Support team via the Messenger directly to help debug this issue, please?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.06.34 PMIf someone is sent a chat and they're not logged in, it will send them an email normally. If the whatsapp integration is enabled, can there be a footer in that email to "pickup in whatsapp" similar to this?

Userlevel 1

Hey @joshua d​, while it's not something we currently support with this release, it'd be a great fast-follow feature, so I'll make sure to pass on this feedback to the team (and also flag your feature request via Product Wishlist!)

If you're sending an outbound email (not a conversation reply), you can include a link which will allow your customers to continue the conversation via WhatsApp:Screen Shot on 2021-11-11 at 10-26-41

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Wow!!!! Nice!!!!! Didn't know that!!!

I just finished my configuration of whastapp with intercom.

Seemly to work fine, however I´m getting some troubles to configure and use whatsapp with intercom.

1 - How can I send a templeate to a LEAD using intercom interface? We dont want to code to send templates.

2 - How can I config a Chatbot from intercom to work with whatsapp chats?

Can you guys do a live, or a video tutorial explain how to configurate more advanced features from intercom with whatsapp?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have two questions for people that use the WhatsApp integration:

• Did you notice an increase in conversation volume? Or is it more or less the same as before and only the channel changed?
  • If a chat is started on WhatsApp, I suppose it shows up as a lead chat, correct? Will it automatically merge a lead to an existing user if the phone number is the same?