Answered

Custom Bot Design

Badge +3

We have been using the custom bot as a form of triage for awhile and seen less interest in deep bot paths and more give me the answer or a human.

• What has every ones experience been with custom bots thus far?
  • How many steps before users request to talk to a human or get an answer?
  • Are you ending paths with a resobot? If so, are the users using the answers? Are the resobot answers being shared?
  • Is the triage actually working for you?

icon

Best answer by Brent 14 July 2020, 09:11

View original

3 replies

Hey Titho, I’m a massive fan of custom bots. A lot of my teams traffic is transactional, and this means we need to ask data protection based questions along with transactional data ( date of change, new vehicle details etc) as well as which product that the change relates to ( to enable correct routing). We have found that it saves so much support agent time by ensuring that the support agent has all of the information needed when the chat is delivered to them. If the chat is non transactional, and is an “other” type response I use ResoLution bot to end the task. I have an extremely healthy completion rate on the bots, depending on the flow, my customers can experience 9 or 10 stages, so for me it’s definitely key to make sure the language used in the bot is natural and fluid, with acknowledgement of answers at every stage.

Badge +4

We get a lot of traction from visitors but less from users. We have about three steps max before it's closed off or sent to a human. Not using Resolution bot at the moment or using any bots for support - but am looking into it. We answer conversations in an average of 2 mins so it would be a bit of a change to have a support triage - not ruling it out though. I mainly use the custom bots for users to up-sell plans (without too much success so far sadly)

Badge +3

Our speed to answer is usually on point also, but as you grow the service you lose the scale and need that deflection for the unit costs vs CX to be the right mix.

I do feel bots can play a massive role during and post COVID-19 just cannot get them to match to the natural language used by our customers + retro educating 100K users to try self-help rather than readily available and accessible humans.