Answered

Your ultimate Intercom setup

• 30 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Hey everyone 👋

What is your ultimate setup for Intercom starting from a website visitor to loyal customer and advocate? Including apps you're using too perhaps.

We're redesigning ours at the mo to get more out of the tool. ​

Matt

Driftrock​

icon

Best answer by Daniel F11 7 August 2020, 14:34

View original

6 replies

Badge +3

We have done some design on this, without oversharing;

• Demand nurtures (email into web messaging)
  • Bot Qualification (with updates to CRM)
  • Live Sales into activation
  • Answer Bots and Tours for digital Onboarding (with supporting Articles)
  • Live Chat during activation
  • Activation nurture flows (campaigns / series)
  • Live chat during adoption (sharing articles / tours etc)
  • Custom Bots / Answer Bots and Tours for support deflection
  • Milestone messaging (data driven in app) - EG (celebrate med
  • Early life adoption nurture flows (campaigns / series)
  • At risk nurture flows (campaigns / series)
  • Marketing / Product communications via Messenger (posts / email)
  • Voice of Customer / Sentiment / NPS engagement

All high level but covers our dream/utopia state (see below😁).

1030_fogbow_explainer-1028x579

Badge +1

Hey Matt! Let me know if you want to chat. Happy to share our full setup.

That would be great, thanks Landon!

Hey @matt w13​ 👋 From our experience, website and webapp auto-messages have been really useful to connect with visitors and users respectively. We allow visitors to book meetings via Calendly, for example. We also run regular Survicate NPS surveys that users can reply to from the Intercom messenger. Great to see marketplace apps playing so well with core platform functionality! In addition to that, we having been rolling-out Product Tours for more and more use-cases as time goes by. It helps with the initial onboarding but it also makes difference when you want to draw attention to some small navigation elements that have changed in your app and/or have not yet been fully explored by your users. Oh and programmatic emails are great to engage users in trial expired companies as well (so we can find out why they decided not to continue). How about you? Do you have already some ideas for the new setup?

That sounds great.

We've really neglected our Intercom setup over the last few years, so starting again from scratch really!

Right now, we're thinking of the below - what do you think?

Demand Gen

• Custom bots for lead capture - leads will feed into Driftrock (we're a lead gen platform).
    • + Calendly for booking demos.
  • Driftrock lead forms for collecting non conversational leads. from the website and paid media like LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms, and feeding them into Intercom - Shameless plug, but we do eat our own dog food of course!
  • We use Intercom for auto-response emails for guide downloads and other lead magnets (leads synced in via Driftrock too).
  • We have Slack notifications for hot leads & signups.
  • We'd like to sync Intercom with Close.io, our CRM for PQL and SQL qualified leads - not quite sure what this looks like yet.
  • We sync Intercom Segments back to Facebook, LinkedIn & Google Custom Audiences using Driftrock for remarketing, Lookalikes and exclusions through the funnel - Another plug, sorry!

Customer Success

• A basic Product Tour to welcome new users, just highlighting the value.
  • We already use the knowledge base, but we're refreshing all our articles to use resolution bot for hands-free support.
  • We've decided to use Intercom rather than Front for our Customer Success inbox after some evaluation + chat support in-app of course.
  • I'd like to sync back info from our CRM to Canvas, but I think we'd need to build something here.
  • We're working on setting up UserFeed for collecting feedback from customers better.
  • We use Wootric for NPS surveys.

Reporting

• Intercom reporting for CS & product-led sales metrics
  • Driftrock for lead gen reporting.

I think thats about it for now! 😅

Hey Landon!

Would you be open to share it publicly?

I'm trying to see how we could use Intercom in an acquisition (inbound) campaign. Apart from custom bots and maybe nurturing... but I'd be curious to see what people came up with to inspire how I could approach this with my squad.