Answered

Why is my outbound message not appearing in my mobile app?

• 9 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 4.25.36 PM

Hello, Why my chats is appearing in the dashboard but is not appearing in the app??

I mean the outbound chat suppose to be live but it's not working inside my app. Any reason?

icon

Best answer by kevin 10 August 2020, 20:40

View original

6 replies

Badge +1

Intercom's Mobile app just covers the Inbox product currently. It looks like you're using the Outbound product here, which has a message type called "chats." If you have responses to chats from Outbound, they would appear in the Inbox product - and in the mobile app! In general, Intercom's mobile app is suboptimal and I wouldn't recommend relying on it until they invest in it further.

Intercom's mobile app is best suited for early-stage startups that want to be able to respond quickly to any customer response at any time of day.

Hello, You didn't get me when I'm trying logging in from my app and testing if this is working or not it's not working on the app.

I know that chat is live but not working on the app.. do you have any idea why?

Badge +1

Oh, apologies - I think I understand what you mean. When you click on your Outbound message and edit it, you should see the option to show this on the web or in mobile apps. Do you have mobile apps selected?

Yes I have selected this to be live on web and iOS.

Badge +1

Hm. If you've deployed their mobile SDK and you've got the user targeting set up correctly for the chat, there could be a bug. I'd write in to their support team. They're usually very quick to solve things like this. However, it's worth noting that if a person has already viewed the message on desktop, it will not appear again on mobile.

HELLO KEVIN,

yes intercom support team replied back to me with what you shared I need to update and install the messenger code on my web and app.