Answered

Mobile app Intercom's chat missing text field. Users can't reach us

• 13 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

We are having an issue with Intercom's chat on a react-native app, on IOS. The chat works perfectly fine just until you open a modal view. After opening and closing it, if you try to open the chat the text field will be missing, so users won't be able to reach us. There is also a weird UI glitch showing the textfield coming from the top sometimes, and suddenly disappearing.

We are using this react-native-intercom library fro the implementation, and the issue has been reproduced in both IOS 13 and 14 beta, on both an Iphone 6s and Iphone Xr.

Please, find attached a video showing the weird behaviour. As you can see, the chat works as expected in the first 3 attempts. Then, after opening and closing the Navigation modal, the chat UI is missing its text field.

Does anyone ever experienced anything similar? Any workaround? We have been trying to debug this with no luck.

Thanks in advance for your time 🙂

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 25 June 2021, 13:49

View original

3 replies

Hey! Looks to me like there's something in your app (maybe your own code, maybe another third party library) that's applying a category or swizzling all input fields. I haven't been able to reproduce this with the mobile SDK installed in a sample app, so that looks like the most likely culprit.

Hopefully that helps narrow the problem down!

Userlevel 1

To Mathew's point - the React native wrapper is third-party, and not something we officially support. I'd suggest reaching out to the wrapper's creator on GitHub to get this issue resolved!

Userlevel 1

Hey @captain​, Intercom now has an official React Native SDK! You can read more about this here.