Answered

How do I edit a custom email template?

• 18 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I have added one custom Email template. When during New Message I fetched it from my saved templates it does not have edit option. Please assist me in this.

icon

Best answer by Titho 25 August 2020, 07:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @katrine​ 👋

It's not possible to edit an email template when composing a new message. To edit a template, you must go to Settings > Outbound > Email templates in your Intercom workspace settings.

Keep in mind that templates would only be used to style the header, footer and CSS of your emails - templates cannot be used to insert text into the body of an email. That can only be done when composing a message.

Badge +3

One option is to create your custom HTML as a template and use the {{content}} attribute in the body of your email which will allow you to use the email editor - whilst this does not allow a quick cut and paste into the email composer, you get the same outcome with custom HTML.

This is the approach I have taken.

Badge

Hey @craig​ are you able to provide further insight on your answer? What might this look like?

I am trying to build a template to easily add typical info to an email but I still want to be able to edit the contents to fit the specific scenario.