How can I see how many of my users are online right now?

• 18 August 2020
  • 5 replies

How to get the actual count of how many users are online right now, without having to count them by scrolling and counting manually.

5 replies

Badge +3

If you are asking about your app users/contacts that are online right now, I do that via data platform using the Last Seen filter.

Using Last Seen Exactly 0 days ago which seems to work like 'Just Now' when you look at a user.

Thanks, but actually, that doesn't give me a list of users online right now. If I keep scrolling, I can see that it is giving me a listing of who was online from the start of the day and onward. It gives me the same results as if I set a filter for, last seen after yesterday.

Badge +3

Fair call and sorry for that - you can see (and scroll) but not get the count - i gave up scrolling and assumed the count was correct.

Another option could be to capture a data point from your app (an event) that represents current status (logged in/active/session duration) but that would not be out of the box.

Does sound like Intercom could give us a data point such as Current Status (Active / Offline) as you can see that on the Users avatar (green for online). @eric f11​ that might be a quick win to make available.

Userlevel 1

Good shout @craig​!

@cochise​ - why not pop over to our Product Ideas group and submit this a feature request?

Hi @Titho,

Was this feature created?

Best regards,