Is Grammarly compatible with Inbox?

How to get grammarly to work with the intercom Inbox

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 5 February 2021, 11:15

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @adam r11​!

Grammarly isn't known for being compatible with Intercom's Inbox and message composer at the moment, but it's something our product team is working on with Grammarly's team. So far they've enabled it in the Articles editor, and are working through the composers in other areas of Intercom, which may take a bit of time to complete as it requires making updates to the composers themselves.

Happy to recommend some potential alternatives though! For example, if you are using the Chrome browser, there is an extension called Ginger that some of our customers use or a spell-checker tool called LanguageTool, which also works well with our composer.

You can also use your browser or computer's built-in spellcheck. (If you go into Chrome settings > Advanced, you can turn the "Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors" option on):chromespellcheck

Userlevel 1
Badge

+1 for Grammarly

I’ve been requesting Grammarly to work with Intercom for a few years. It would be used by the whole team. I note that the web browser spell check does not always pick up all the words, plus Grammarly is also more than a spell check.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user572​ Yeah, Agree.

Grammarly is a crucial tool for Support agents.

Grammarly started to work for us in chat messages today 🌟

Userlevel 1

Great news @user572@roy s11​ @adam r11​ - as @jennifer z​ reported, we have indeed shipped support for Grammarly (and other spell-checking tools!) as of February 5th, 2021.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@eric f11​ , Wow, Great news. Thank you, Eric.

Great news!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

noiceThat's great

@eric f11​ 

Hi Eric, is this feature fully compatible with Intercom now? I attempted to download the Google Chrome extension for Grammarly, but unfortunately, it's not picking up spelling mistakes in my inbox where I speak to customers. Am I doing something wrong?

Userlevel 1

Hey @sam b11​, it is indeed fully compatible since February 2021. If you're experiencing issues, I'd recommend contacting our Support team through the Messenger in your Intercom workspace - they'll be able to help you troubleshoot this issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Did you make sure that you enabled the checking on app.intercom.com?

It's working just fine for me