Answered

How do I create a new group in Interconnected?

• 1 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

How can I create a new group in the Community?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 1 September 2020, 13:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Once a Connector hits Connected status, they will be able to create their own Interconnected groups from the main groups page.

If you have not yet reached Connected status but have an idea for a new group, just reply to this answer and we will review your submission 😄

Hi @eric f11​ I have actually been looking for a way to subscribe to certain keywords in the community. This is one of the most useful features of the Atlassian Community. The idea would be that I receive an email whenever someone creates a post with one of those keywords. Do you think this is something that could be added to Interconnected?

Alternatively, would it be possible to create a group specifically for our Jira integrations with Intercom? In that case, I could at least subscribe to that group and do not have to browse the community daily for new questions regarding our apps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@eric f11​, We need a separate group for discussion/reporting bugs in Intercom.

Userlevel 1

Hey @roy s11​, I'd prefer not to create a group for reporting bugs, simply because the best way to report these is through the Messenger. We use GitHub to track bugs and, through its Intercom integration, our team are notified when a bug is closed so that they can update customers. We don't have that kind of integration with the community, so it's more difficult to keep up-to-date with bugs and report fixes.

However, that's a strong opinion, loosely held - what would you see as the benefits of a group for reporting bugs?