Answered

Can we change the order of items in Messenger? We want users to try to find the answer themselves through either a search or read of our Help Center articles first. Currently, they are more encouraged to send us a note before trying to help themsel

• 3 September 2020
  • 7 replies

2020-09-03_11-14-14

icon

Best answer by Beth 4 September 2020, 00:22

View original

7 replies

Hi Boorayin,

ย 

Thanks for reaching out! While you can reorder the app placement, there's currently no way to have apps appear above the Messenger button to start a conversation. I could absolutely pass that on to our team, though! Have you considered activating Operator's Task Bot to suggest help articles when a user reaches out? Operator will send any article from your Help Center that is relevant to answer the customerโ€™s question (only if there is a relevant article).

Plus, the conversation will be automatically closed if the customer confirms they found their answer in the article.

Thanks very much for your reply, Beth. I *think* I've already got that turned on. Ideally, we'd like to make the "Send us a message" not appear for the user until they've searched for a keyword, read the suggested answers in our Help Center, and *then* they get that option to msg us if we haven't resolved their issue.2020-09-03_15-36-57

Absolutely! And yes, it does look like you've got this on for users. We don't offer the feature you've described at this time but I'd be more than happy to flag this with out product team as a feature request! You've added some great details already, but if there's anything else you'd like to share just send it over here. Thanks!

Badge +3

Same challenge we have, so what we do is use the custom bot and push all paths to a resolution bot (containing shorter form solutions and links out to our KB).

ย 

We also previously had bot paths for common requests that stepped through the top 3-5 questions in each path with the solutions provided in the flow.

ย 

All options were self-service prompts at least twice before humans.

Thanks very much for your comment, Titho. Unfortuntely, we tried out Res Bot previously and just couldn't get it working as desired. (We just couldn't ever get it to respond correctly with the suggested answer, basically. We had a dozen questions that we built out with the wizard and thought we had plenty of keywords, but we ended up just turning it off because it didn't save us any work.) Sounds like we're not the only ones who would like this ability. Cheers! 😀

I would also like to place another vote to put the search bar above the messenger! We have the Operator's Task Bot on, and it seems very few people ever use that function to find their answer prior to sending us a message. Perhaps there's a way for us to discover how many people used the search though?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@erneโ€‹ย and the others, there's one more option.

ย 

Setup the Custom bot from New Conversation and add the Article Search app in it, like this:

ย 

Screenshot 2021-04-22 003928ย 

Screenshot 2021-04-22 004137