Answered

Why is Zapier mapping my Company Name as Company ID?

• 5 September 2020
  • 11 replies

Hello! I'm using Squarespace w/ MemberSpace Plugin and using Zapier to pass user data to Intercom. It's mostly working except Company Name is coming in as Company id — any hints?

icon

Best answer by Roy 2 April 2021, 02:01

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @raechel​, which fields are you mapping, and how are you mapping them, from MemberSpace to Intercom when it comes to companies?

Hi Eric! Thanks for chiming in!

You can see how I've mapped it here:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.44.50 AM

"Company name" is a custom field I created in the sign up flow for MemberSpace. In this example "Brommie" is the right company name. But when I go to this user account in Intercom, Company Name is "undefined" and Company id is "Brommie" which you can see here.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.44.07 AM

Back in Zapier mapping - here are the two options I see:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.43.35 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.46.05 AM

So out of these options I mapped MemberSpace to Intercom through Zapier using Custom > Company Name "Brommie".

I think that covers the details you asked for but let me know if not!

Userlevel 1

I think I know what might be causing this issue - are you mapping any field in MemberSpace to Company ID in Intercom, as well as Company Name?

Hi Eric, we're experiencing a similar issue. We're mapping the company name to the same area in Rae's screenshot. Can zapier only map to 'Company ID' with that field? Not the 'Company Name' field?

Hey @eric f11​, any further thoughts on this? I am trying to zap over the 'Account Name' in Active Campaign to Intercom. It goes to the 'Company ID' on Intercom, not the 'Company Name.'

Thank you!

Jamie

Userlevel 1

Hey @user404, in the Zap you've created, have you also specified a value for Company ID?

Hey Eric, thanks for getting back so fast. It doesn't appear I have the option. Just the Company option, and when the data is sent from Active Campaign to Intercom, it gets sent to the Company ID, not Company Name.

Capture

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @user404​ 👋, Have you tried to use any Zapier alternatives (Like Integromat or Automate)?

Hey! I haven't! Pretty loyal to zapier but I'm down to check out the alternatives!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user404​ , What kind of services are you trying to connect via Zapier?