Answered

Why is the Smart Suggestions task bot not working?

• 8 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi there... how do I get suggested help to work? It is turned on ... but when a user asks a question for which an article exists.. the article is not suggested!

icon

Best answer by Roy 27 April 2021, 10:07

View original

8 replies

Badge

Hi Rose Bow,

to enable smart suggestion all you need to do is turn this feature on (from operator -> task bot -> smart suggestion).

don't forget to turn this feature on for Users and leads too.

There may be some reasons for why smart suggestion doesn't appear:

• Smart suggestions won’t appear until you have 10 or more live articles in your Help Center, and your Help Center is set to 'on'.
  • Articles need to be sorted into collections before they'll be suggested.
  • Operator only suggests articles if a user’s question contains more than 2 words and less than 30 words (note: it doesn’t count words like ‘the’, ‘a’ and ‘is’). 
  • The user's question must contain a question mark (?) or one of the keywords: what, when, why, how, or which.
  • Your Help Center language must be set to English, and the user’s question must be asked in English.

All you need to know about smart suggestions are here:

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/1006350-let-users-help-themselves-with-smart-suggestions/p>

Badge +1

Hi Rose. A few things -- Make sure it's turned on for both leads and users. Is this the case for you?

(Also, one thing I personally do to increase the chances of an article being suggested is to add a subtitle to the article, with related keywords.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Also keep in mind that suggested help articles is only sent to English speakers.

I run Intercom on a site for Germans. The settings in Intercom "Suggest help articles" is only available for English speakers. Can I still enable it? Maybe by faking the default language to English?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@user1136​ I don't think this would work. As far as I know, Intercom is checking the user's browser language to determine the language.

Badge

Hello @user1136​ , You can run Intercom messenger on several languages, just use Language Override tag.

However, "Suggest help articles" will work for only English speaking customers.

Badge

@user1136​ , If you have more questions about using "Language Override" tag just let me know. I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for your response. I will use the custom bots instead and try it out :)