Answered

Where is the RULE for looking at the Page Title?????!!

• 9 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi guys... I am looking for the rule that allows me to look at the URL HTML Page Title... NOT the URL

Our Page Title contains a ton of valuable information to create a bot from ... but all I can see as a rule is the page URL.. I need the title to be able to be looked at too!

icon

Best answer by Roy 9 September 2020, 09:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @matt a11​  , I don't get it

Do you want to build a bot with a Page title parameter? Intercom doesn't support such targeting.

You can develop it with your own, to do that:

1. Create a data attribute and name it "Page Title"
  2. Customize Intercom messenger code to track attribute "page title" and send their actual website title
  3. Use segmentation and target page titles

You can read more about user attributes here: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/179-send-custom-user-attributes-to-intercom

Hope this will be helpful

Hi there !

Unfortunately setting custom actions based on the Page Title aren't currently supported, I can see how this would be useful tho !

Why don't you head on over to the Product Suggestions group here and drop it in, and hopefully the product teams will take a look !

Hi Roy OK... thanks ... and this will allow me to constantly monitor the page title of the URL they are on and then initiate a custom bot message when the page title contains certain keywords Yer?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, definitely you can reach this goal. 

Once the user will go to the fist page and then the second page, this parameter will be updated. 

Example: 

company.com -> Home Page - Page Title (data attribute) 

company.com/product1 -> iPhone 11 Pro - Page Title (data attribute) 

company.com/product2 -> iPhone 11 Pro Max - Page Title (data attribute) 

You can set-up different rules for the bot based on the data attributes like:

Audience - Page Title "contains" "iPhone".

More about choosing the audience:

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/3118298-triage-inbound-conversations-with-custom-bots/p>

Hope you get it.