Answered

How can I prevent teammates from seeing certain Inboxes?

• 9 September 2020
  • 3 replies

For our use-case it's necessary that we have a high number of agents that can *NOT* see each-other's ongoing conversations.

After some testing, it seems like even a user with all of its permissions switched to "OFF" can still go to inbox > See More and gain access to the inbox channels of all the other users.

This is problematic for our use case, where the different agents are essentially "exhibitors" on a digital event (and therefore it would be very bad if they could "spy" on each-other's lead conversations).

How would you proceed?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 9 September 2020, 13:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @glenn s​, we don't currently offer this functionality. There's no way to restrict which Inboxes can be viewed by teammates.

However, I do know that this is something our product team are hoping to roll out. While I don't have an exact timeline to share with you, I do know that this is planned!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@glenn s​ , Finally, Intercom developed a solution for that, Now we can control access to a conversation by team

More info here: https://www.intercom.com/changes/en/-control-access-to-conversations-by-teams-or-roles-with-our-new-inbox-permission-

@roy s11​ unfortunately, I don't think that solution helps in this use case. For my use case, I can't even allow someone on another team to see a different team inbox or another team's teammates. Is there a way to get rid of the "see more" button? image