Answered

Any hints and tips for Product Tour? I can't get my to show just for the first time in a URL.

• 9 September 2020
  • 8 replies

So I have a URL that ends in "/documents" and I set up my Tour and it works with the universal link (Use your tour everywhere), but not when someone first arrives at that URL.

icon

Best answer by Roy 11 September 2020, 03:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @pedro h​ , I don't fully get it but can you just try change "ends with" to "is" (please see the screenshot).intercom-product-target

Hey @pedro h​, something that has worked really well in Show your tour automatically is setting up two URL filters -

Current page url contains 'yourapp' and Current page url contains '/documents', as starts with/ends with does not have a high success rate.

Yeah, I tried both and it still doesn't show. :T

Userlevel 1

Hey Pedro, is your Tour targeted at the correct customer type? (i.e. users, leads etc.)

Another question - does your Tour show up on a page refresh?

Yeah, to a test user, attached. No, I refreshed couple of times, wait a day, try it with a new user, none.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@pedro h​ , In your case the best way to fix it ASAP to contact Intercom support via Messenger. 

It's a difficult case and without knowing a website or platform URL - it's hard to find what's wrong.

@pedro h​ Did you get a resolution to this? I am also having the same issue.

I got lots of replies, but no fine resolution. Maybe I'm missing the basics but I found Intercom extremely hard to use.