Answered

Can I change the notification sound in Inbox?

• 10 September 2020
  • 17 replies

How can I change the sound of the notification with a louder one? I keep losing messages because I can't hear it!

icon

Best answer by Sam M12 22 October 2021, 11:10

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user249​ , Currently it's not possible to change sound notification in Intercom.

You can suggest this feature in @Product Wishlist​ group.

in the meantime, you can enable desktop notification and never miss a conversation:

Notification

Hope this will be helpful.

Thank you for that tip! However the notifications on the mobile devices have a specific time delay on Android and iOS devices, and that is destroying our performance, no matter how good or bad the internet connection is! Do you know if there is something we could do about it?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user249​ , I also used Intercom on my iOS device and there were no delays. 

1) you have a good internet connection (Wi-Fi or LTE)?;

2) Make sure that "Restrict background data" is not turned on for Intercom APP;

3) Keep in mind that if Wifi-Optimization or Low Power Mode is turned on - There will be delays getting notifications.

We've been waiting for this as well. The sound, or as our support team refers to it - the "tinitus cricket of death" has long been a sore point for us. Really wish Intercom would give us the option to change it, or mute it. Some variety and options at least!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@andrew s12​ , You can disable "Tinitus cricket of death" from here:

soundsintercom

@roy s11 Tried that, but still getting the chirp on all new inbound messages as well as inbound responses to assigned conversations.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@andrew s12​ , Once you turn off "Play sound when your tab blinks", refresh the application and it will work.

That worked! Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

tumblr_mib8lyesGf1rlhf6io1_250

@roy s11​ Is there any news on making a new sound for intercom? All of my people have headsets on when they are talking on the phone - and that pling sound is slowly getting on their nerves

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @nicolai​ , Afraid it's still not possible to change sound notification in Intercom 😞

How about disabling sound notification and use desktop notification only?

BTW - I found a Chrome extinction, that will allow you to set the volume level for each tab separately. With this ext. it's possible to adjust the Intercom sound notification volume.

You also can request this feature in @Product Wishlist​ once more.

Hey @nicolai​, can I ask - are you just looking to change the sound that plays or do you want to adjust which conversations trigger a ping? What are the notifications most helpful for?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I'd love to be a little more granular with the notifications, including the sounds. Specifically, it'd be great to either mute or differentiate the default, but then add or alter another for when you're mentioned, or a ticket is assigned to you. Additionally, having a customisable alert for when an incoming message hasn't been touched or responded to.

@roy s11​ Hi, any updates on the sound notification? Looks like it has been a year already...

Userlevel 1
Badge

@leon b​ 👋 Hi, I understood how important the following feature can be for you.

At this moment it's still not possible to change the sound notification. I don't even think that it's planned in the current quarter or in Q4.

I hope this will be helpful.

We've recently shipped a change that means you can now choose different notification sound 🙌 🎶

You can read more about how to choose a different sound in this article: Can I change the notification sound in Inbox?

Do get in touch if you have any feedback!

@sam s12 Murray​  Appreciate the update. My team and I have noticed that the new notification sounds are even harder to hear than the default. Possible to get more options (esp ones that last a bit longer)?

Would also be a huge win if notification sounds could be customized for chat (quick SLA) vs email (longer SLA). Thanks again!