Answered

Slack integration opens multiple channels

• 11 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Slack currently opens multiple channels each time a message is responded to. How do we fix this?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 15 September 2020, 15:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @tristan c11​, are all of these Slack channels associated with the same conversation in Intercom? Or are you seeing that, when a customer replies in Intercom, it starts a brand new conversation instead of updating the existing one?

The same thing is happening to us. All of the channels are empty and I'm the only person that's added to the channel, I assume since I'm the Slack admin, but also I'm not the one that is assigned the conversation with the user.

Hey @eric f11​, all these channels are created when opening a new conversation in intercom. I did, however, get a response from Sean at Intercom over the weekend.

Our Product engineers are aware of this issue, which has been reported by multiple customers. I was able to reproduce this locally also and I can see how frustrating/confusing it is to have multiple channels popping up for the same conversation.

It's not 100% clear yet, whether this is a result of a change with the Slack API or something that has occurred within the Slack integration. I've tagged this conversation on the Github issue our team are using to investigate, so I'll be notified here as soon as there is an update

Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

Userlevel 1

Hey @matt g13​, I've picked up your conversation through our Messenger about this, so that I can add it as a bug report to the open issue.

Userlevel 1

Hey @matt g13​ @tristan c11​ this issue should now be resolved, thanks for bringing it to my attention! Let me know if you're also seeing that it's been fixed.