Answered

Is it possible to remove the "Write a reply" option from a Custom Bot?

• 11 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I want to completely remove the possibility for clients to write to us so they can have only the custom bot. Is that possible? I couldn't find an option to remove the "Write a reply".

icon

Best answer by Teodora 21 September 2020, 14:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @teodora​ 👋 it's currently not possible to remove the "Write a reply" section from a Custom Bot. None of our automation solutions are designed to keep a customer in "bot jail" (i.e. with no way of contacting a human), they're always built with your support team as a point of contact in mind. Can you tell me a bit more about your use case?

Actually we found a way to do by disabling the option to reopen a closed conversation.

We want to provide AI bot chat to our standard customers and human only for premium ones. This is the reason we are looking for such a solution.

Userlevel 1

Nice one @teodora​! I reckon there are other Connectors who'd like to learn from your solution - would you be comfortable sharing a bit more here about how you built your bot?

We've built it in several steps - clients choose the topic they want to ask their question for and the next step is to choose a more specific issue related to that topic. Depending in their choice, we suggest them articles. If the article helped, great, conversation is closed. If it didn't, we installed Native forms and they need to fill in their exact question or problem which creates a new conversation for us that we follow up. It might not seem very friendly but it reduces the volumes of simple questions we are receiving as we working very hard to build up a strong knowledge base.

Hey @teodora​ can I ask you which solution you used for native forms? We are in the exact same situation. Best, Mike