Answered

Does data from Salesforce sync with Intercom through the Salesforce app?

• 16 September 2020
  • 13 replies

We have integrated Intercom with Salesforce. We now like to send smart messages through Intercom based on updated dialogue and data from Salesforce, but it looks to us that it does sync both ways?

icon

Best answer by Lisa B11 29 September 2020, 15:20

View original

13 replies

Hey HSollie 👋

The Salesforce app syncs only mapped data from the settings section of the app Intercom -> Salesforce.

And it only syncs the following from Salesforce -> Intercom:

• SALESFORCE_STATUS - the status of the lead (e.g. ‘open’, ‘contacted’)
  • SALESFORCE_TITLE (job title) - the job title of the lead/contact
  • SALESFORCE_OWNER_ID - the ID of the Salesforce user assigned as the owner of a lead/contact in Salesforce
  • SALESFORCE_OWNER_NAME - the name of the Salesforce user assigned as the owner of a lead/contact in Salesforce (note this may not necessarily be a user in Intercom) 
  • SALESFORCE_OWNER_EMAIL - the email of the Salesforce user assigned as the owner of a lead/contact in Salesforce
  • SALESFORCE_OWNER_ROLE - the role/job title of the lead/contact's owner in Salesforce
  • SALESFORCE_ID - the ID of the lead/contact in Salesforce
  • SALESFORCE_OBJECT_TYPE - whether it is a lead or contact

Let me know if that helps 😊

Thanks for your reply Lisa. So what this means is that we can send messages to an audience based these "people data" but not any "company data"?

That be would the case here indeed 👍

Hey Folks! 👋

Stephen here, I'm part of the team that manage Intercom's 'Platform', which includes Salesforce.

@lisa b11​ is totally right about how the integration currently works.

But! We're working on an improved integration and running a Beta starting soon. One of the features of that new integration will be the ability to sync Contact Fields (Salesforce) to User Attributes (Intercom), and select either: Salesforce -> Intercom, or, Intercom -> Salesforce. You'll also be able to use those data attributes for targeting messages.

Awesome news, looking forward to that, Stephen. Thanks for sharing 🙌

This is very good news for all of the users running on both platforms. Please keep us posted on development. Thanks Lisa and Stephen!

Hey @henrik s11​ , if your Salesforce data is in your data warehouse, another option is to send it to Intercom with SeekWell (https://seekwell.io/intercom). You can do it with a simple SQL query, and it works with a number of database types including Postgres, Snowflake, Redshift, Bigquery, and others. You can also set it up to send data to Intercom automatically on a schedule. Here are the docs that explain it in depth: https://doc.seekwell.io/intercom

Thanks for this tip. I will have our Head of Marketing look into this and we may ask for a demo.

Hi Stephen, any progress on the sync of Contact Fields?

Thanks

Hey there - I'm one of the founders at SeekWell, feel free to drop me a note (mike@seekwell.io) if a demo would be helpful. We use both Intercom and Salesforce internally so we're quite familiar with the use case!

One of the solution that I've found is a way to connect intercom and salesforce app through integration platforms like automate.io, tray.io etc. The are all no code platforms and easy to use. I have been using this intercom and salesforce integration for a few years now. Creating the bots and setting them up is very easy and it runs smoothly. Though you can do the sync directly between the apps, the process is little tricky. Either way you can try. By integrating the apps, you can have the data completely automated. And its real time transformation.

Hey @henrik s11​,

I know I'm late to the party with this but Unito.io can sync 2-ways between Integromat and Salesforce if you're still looking for a solution.

ReidT

Hello Intercom Team,

I have setup the Salesforce Intercom app integration. However I am not able to understand why the integration is not syncing the following

1. New created contact in Salesfoece (Corresponsing contact with same unique key does not exist in Intercom)
  2. New created Account (Corresponding Account with same unique key does not exist in Intercom)