Answered

Can I search Inbox by conversation ID?

• 16 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

I must be missing something, but can you NOT search your Inbox by Conversation ID? Surely this functionality exists...

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 September 2020, 11:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @peter r​ , Searching conversation via ID it's not currently supported but you can submit this feedback to @Product Wishlist​ .

You can always go to the conversation via URL (Just change current ID):

url

Hi @peter r​, we've just rolled out a change to support searching for conversations by their ID.

Thanks so much for asking 👍

Userlevel 1

Big shout out to @rich pard Livsey​ from our Product team - love seeing changes rolled out based on customer feedback!

Badge +1

That's great news. Thank you for implementing that change.

Hi @eric f11​ 

Is it possible to do the same with your own I can get it in conversation details?

Our Custom bot asks the customer for shipping number but the number do not become searchable when it only ends up in conversation details (not as a message or a note).

Or do you have another trick? 😃

Best regards,

Julia

Userlevel 1

Hey @julia n​ , it's not possible to search the Inbox by the value of a custom attribute. This can only be used to filter your user list, not in the conversation search.

Thanks for quick reply! @eric f11​ 

Hmm ... and you can not get "the bot" to send the conversation details as a note?

We use the search function very much to track our cases/errands. If the information from the bot isn't searchable, the bot may not work for us 😕

We have a trial period.

Userlevel 1

It's not possible to add the values of a custom attribute to a note using Custom Bots or, for that matter, any functionality within Intercom. Can you tell me more about how you'd use this attribute to track your cases/errands? Any and all context you can give me is helpful when trying to think of a workaround.

@rich pard Livsey​ quick follow-up question on this feature: Is there a way to search for multiple conversations by id? I would like to pass a comma-separated list of IDs to the search. Don't quite see the point of searching by a single ID as I could just go to https://app.intercom.com/a/apps/lt;workspace-id>/inbox/inbox/all/conversations/<conversation-id> for the exact same result.

Hi,

Okay, I'll try to explain.

We are a company that works with logistics / shipping.

Our customers write to us about shipments that have disappeared / broken, etc.

When they writes, our bot asks for the shipment number (to save time) and then we start a errand with, for example, UPS.

A errand often takes a month or so, so it becomes many conversations in both intercom and mail which we need to keep track of.

Before our bot, the customer wrote the shipment number directly in the chat and it was possible to search for it, we could easily find what was said before, but now the conversations are not searchable as the shipment number only shows in "conversation data"

Do you get my hassle @eric f11​ ? 😅