Answered

10 minute delay before receiving push notification?

• 16 September 2020
  • 5 replies

It seems as though the mobile app does not receive a push notification until 10 minutes after getting a message. Is this normal? Furthermore, my status is always set as 'away' unless I have a browser window open with intercom.

This seems to be ridiculous. How do I expect anyone to message us when a status is always set to away, with no obvious way to change this?

Why is it that a mobile push notification takes a solid ten minutes to go through? This seems to undermine the entire point of using the mobile app.

Just thought I would check with the community before cancelling this.

icon

Best answer by Roy 17 September 2020, 01:41

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi @user272​, You did a great job to post it before you canceled your subscription. 

>not receive a push notification until 10 minutes after getting a message. Is this normal?

Definitely not, I'm also using Intercom on my phone and there were no delays. 

1) you have a good internet connection (Wi-Fi or LTE)?;

2) Make sure that "Restrict background data" is not turned on for Intercom APP;

3) Keep in mind that if Wifi-Optimization or Low Power Mode is turned on - There will be delays getting notifications.

Thanks @roy s11​ . Perhaps this was just a fluke.. both the email in my gmail has a delayed timestamp as well, so not sure this is related to the phone service.

Regardless, I still don't see a way to stop setting my status as "away" if I don't have a browser window open. This is a super annoying and self defeating behavior if there is indeed no workaround.

Badge

@user272​ , Happy to help community members 🍷 

About Away stats- it's automatically set when the agent is inactive more than 5 Minutes. currently, there is no option to disable it or change a time frame. This feedback should go to @Product Wishlist​ .

Is it away status so problematic?

@roy s11​ why would a user message us when the status is set to away? We would get the message instantly, so this seems like a ridiculous self defeating barrier to put up. For something we pay this much for I'm not going to wait and cross my fingers for it to be implemented.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I notice this all the time there is a pretty big delay with push just a FYI