Answered

We're using intercom without staff so how do we remove any suggestion of leaving a message for the team in Resolution Bot, e.g. 'wait for team'?

• 17 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Is there any way of configuring settings for the 'the did that answer help or are you looking for something else' response?

icon

Best answer by Teodora 23 September 2020, 17:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @phil t​, I wouldn't recommend using Resolution Bot if you don't have any teammates to follow up on questions. Resolution Bot isn't designed to keep your customers in "bot jail" (i.e. they don't have the option to speak with a human), so I don't think it would suit your particular use case if you don't have any teammates who are in a position to follow up.

Thanks @eric f11​ - that makes total sense. What alternative would you recommend?

Userlevel 1

Hey @phil t​, another Connector had a similar question and resolved it using Custom Bots - you might want to check out this thread from @teodora​: https://forum.intercom.com/s/question/0D52G00004WyDQLSA3/is-it-possible-to-remove-the-write-a-reply-option-from-a-custom-bot/p>

Hey @phil t, we want to achieve the same and I stopped the option for client to reopen conversations and set it to 0 days. Also, I disabled the Resolution bot so that there is no field for them to type.

Userlevel 1

Hey @phil t​ @teodora​, we've just shipped a new change that lets you create an automation rule to close conversations when they match certain criteria! You can read more about it in our News & Updates group here!

Yep, I am already using it to close spam emails.

Userlevel 1

Nice one!