Answered

Has the order of columns in Intercom's CSV exports changed?

• 28 September 2020
  • 4 replies

It seems the order of the columns in the export doc has changed suddenly + new filter options added to this page. 

Not great when this happens without any warning. Am I missing something here I'm subscribed to all the updates?

icon

Best answer by Lisa B11 30 September 2020, 13:23

View original

4 replies

Hey @anita n​ 👋

I believe this may be due to the new feature we released where customers can now choose the data columns that will be exported. 

We built this feature off the back of a lot of feedback that customers wanted a way to pick the data that is exported with their conversation data exports. 

What’s new?

• Flexibility to choose which conversations are exported
  • Flexibility to choose what conversation data is exported
  • Ability to schedule recurring CSV exports of Conversation Data for email delivery

And... it's changed again. It would be great if changes like this were communicated in advance, and released once only. @Intercom Bug Reports​ What's going on? And are there further plans to change the format of the export?

Hey @anita n​  ,

Apologies for the tardy response on my part and for the disruption these changes caused. My team was behind these recent changes.

I hear you that this report is an important step in many workflows that customers run regularly.

As Lisa mentioned, we made some changes to this page based on feedback from customers. Shortly after releasing it, we pushed a bug fix to resolved a gap some customers saw in the exported columns.

We have no further plans to change this page or the format of the exported file in the near term. In future, we'll ensure there's more notice given for changes like this so you have time to adapt.

Thanks for reaching out and sharing this feedback. It's much appreciated. If any other thoughts or questions come up, do let me know here or via the messenger in the app.

Apologies if 'tardy response' was a little colloquial too - I meant to say Sorry for the delayed response :)