Answered

Why did I get a security alert from the Google Play Console when uploading a recent app build?

• 29 September 2020
  • 7 replies

I received a security alert from Google Play Console when I uploaded a recent app build. The issue is caused by:

io.intercom.android.sdk.utilities.IntentUtils.safelyOpenIntent

Attached is a screenshot showing the issue.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 1 October 2020, 11:45

View original

7 replies

Hey @brandon s11​. Thank you for reporting this. We're looking into it.

It'd be useful to know if you're using the Android SDK with React Native and, if so, which third party plugin you're using/whether you've built your own plugin?

I am using react-native-intercom@17.0.0, which declares a dependency "io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:7.+"

Thanks for confirming that. We're looking into whether it's an issue with the Android SDK at the moment 👍

Hey @brandon s11​. We've looked into this and it looks to be an issue with the React Native plugin. We suspect that during the build process some of the Android SDK's configuration isn't being respected or is being overwritten, which is causing this error. In this article from Google they suggest fixing this error by setting android:exported="false". This is already set for IntercomPushBroadcastReceiver, which is why we believe this is a React Native/plugin issue.

We aren't able to support issues with React Native/third party plugins, so I'd suggest raising the issue with the creators of the plugin you're using.

Did you fix it @brandon s11​ ?

I did fix it...

The 3rd party react-native-intercom once advertised that adding to AndroidManifest.xml was necessary. Once intercom's aar included it, they removed that instruction, but I failed to remove it from my AndroidManifest.xml. Thanks for your patience.

Userlevel 1

Hey @asım​ @brandon s11​, Intercom now has its own official React Native SDK! You can find more information about it here.