Answered

Are there any other user permission settings to create a workflow that would allow a review and approval phase before publishing?

• 30 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Are there any other user permission settings to create a workflow that would allow a review and approval phase before publishing?
icon

Best answer by Landon 1 October 2020, 18:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @liz a​, can you tell me a little bit more about your request here? Which content, specifically, are you looking to review and approve before it is published?

Badge +1

I don't think there's. a feature out of the box for this, but you can save as a draft and have the approval flow on your end (via your project management tool of choice). You can get at the article "state" via the API as well.

Landon Bennett

Co-founder of Intercom apps: Userfeed & Bump

Thanks @user649​.

@eric f11​ we're trying to create a review workflow for all articles and restrict publishing abilities; otherwise we have to implement processes in tools outside of intercom, which isn't super convenient and creates confusion.

so 2-3 potential permissions levels:

1) writer/drafter, who can only create drafts of articles

2) editors and publishers

Userlevel 1

@Jack Jenkins​ I'd wonder if you might be able to provide some insight on how we do this internally when updating our own Help Center? We primarily use Google Docs for review and approval, right?

@liz a​ & @eric f11​ Internally at Intercom, I'm the writer and reviewer of docs so we don't need a specific permissions level for approval. 😬 We do use Google docs though for our drafts to solicit feedback from other members of the team before publishing. 👍

@Jack Jenkins​, i get a mess if i copy text from intercom articles to google docs. i'm guessing you start in google docs? there's still formatting lost.

Hey @user892​ That's right, I do start my draft in Google docs, and use a template with similar styles to Intercom Articles. There's always a tiny bit of tweaking needed when copying from either place, but when going into google docs, "select all matching text", and "command + option+ (0,1,2 or 3)" for different levels of formatting generally makes it pretty quick and not a major deal. Admittedly less than ideal, but manageable for me.