Answered

How should I format the CSV I want to import to include list data?

• 2 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

We want to manually import users into Intercom and some of the data has multiple items associated with one attribute. For example, a user could provide multiple services. How would I format my CSV to make this attribute a list and upload correctly?

icon

Best answer by Roy 5 October 2020, 16:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @autumn​ ,

1) First you should create a new list data attribute in Intercom

list

2) Then upload a CSV

3) Map attributes

4) Complete import

Let me know if there will be questions.

Badge +1

Hi Roy,

I've created the list attribute in Intercom. I'm referring to how I need to format my CSV so that these attributes import correctly. Should all list items be in one row? How should they be separated so that they map correctly? I tried separating with commas but they all upload as one item.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@autumn​ , No, here's some example of how you can do this:

list-example

Let me know if this helps, if not I can record a video for you = )

Badge +1

@roy s11​ this only considers that Steven Long has one service associated with his user account. How would we format the CSV row if service 1, 2, and 3 should be associated with his account?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@autumn​ , It's a List - Select box, not a check box.

You can only select one.

If you have several products that customers are using, the best way to track them is to send events to Intercom.

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/216-track-events-in-intercom/p>

And still, if you want to go in an easy way, you can use Text value and track services like Service 1 / Service 2. one more option is to create 3 true/false format, Service 1 - True; Service 2 - False; Service 3 - True. 

Badge +3

If you want to capture multiple services attached via a single attribute you need that to be appended in that attribute.

Attribute: List Test

Value: Service1,Service2,Service3

Or as we have done we have an attribute for each service with a true/false and on the import you populate those attributes as its own column for each user/contact updated.

That is how we have approached it.