Answered

How can I build a report about which user tags were applied, by whom and when?

• 5 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello, team. I would like to find a way to monitor specific tags. Which users got tagged, by whom (specific agent, bot, series). As I can see, the information about who and when set the tag is available in intercom, but I cannot find any way to filter this info.

I checked the teammate logs (there is no Tag-related activity written there).

And of course the standard "People" section. Filter "tag" only work as yes/no attribute.

Perhaps anyone got an insight on this? Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by Lisa B11 7 October 2020, 15:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @denis t​ ,

Have you checked Reports -> Customer Support -> Conversation tags?

tag-reports

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yes. It is a great tool and it works perfectly for monitoring conversation tags.

I would like to check such info for the tags that are set on Users. Each User profile has this info - who and when set the tag, but I cannot make any kind of report out of it, just check each User manually, which of course is impossible 

Hey @denis t​ 👋

This isn't possible through the UI but I wanted to share some DEV information that might help you. The contact object here will reflect which tags have been applied to a user, but they won't have the data about who applied them and when. You can also listen for the user.tag.created webhook to figure out when they were tagged, example payload for that here (but just for conversations tagged after they start listening for the webhook). 

You won't be able to find out who tagged the contact, through the API.

Hope this helps a little 😊

Might be a good shout for @Product Wishlist​ 👍

Userlevel 1
Badge

I totally agree with you @lisa b11​ , there lots of feedback coming about incorrect tagging, incorrect tagging in bulk, undone tagging and it seems a big problem for Intercom users. 

In my opinion, I never had such a case, but Imagine if some of your agents tag 30 000 Contacts or removed them incorrectly :/ 

Intercom should work on this.

It Will nice if you transfer this feedback to the responsible team.

@eric f11​ 

I will definitely pass along the feedback @roy s11​ - appreciate it 👍

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you!

Badge +1

Yeah conversation tag reports are good for showing volume but it doesn't give any data around what users where tagged, and what the conversation actually said. With Userfeed.io we do a lot of this. When you tag a conversation using Userfeed it automatically tags the conversation, the user, and admin that originally created that tag. When you look at a tag in Userfeed you can see:

• what users/leads have the tag with a link to the segment in Intercom
  • what conversations have the tag with a link to the convo (including a snippet of that specific part in the convo)

Might be cool to also show how often the tag is used by each admin. I think we capture that data, but we don't show it at the moment.

Landon Bennett

Co-founder of Intercom apps: Userfeed & Bump