Answered

Why can I not share apps in certain conversations? (How do I get support without waiting 7 days?)

• 6 October 2020
  • 8 replies
  • 1 view

I have an issue with Apps not showing on convos, but support now responds in an abysmal 7 days. How do you justify the amount I spend with your company with complete disregard for my business needs when your product is not working?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 7 October 2020, 18:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user366​ , As I know during this pandemic, all companies have delays in Support. 

I'm sure they will answer you ASAP, meanwhile, maybe you share a little bit more details about your issue + Screenshots? 

I will try my best to help you.

Userlevel 1

Hey @user366​, I totally understand your frustration with the current wait times for our Support team. It's a situation they've found themselves in as they navigate the changes and challenges that the global situation has presented for them, but it's far from where they want to be. They're working on improving this situation right now, but these changes can take time, and I appreciate your patience as they do.

As @roy s11​ mentioned, the community is also a place where you can ask questions and get support, and your fellow Connectors would be delighted to help you in any way they can!

Badge +3

Additionally, I find it helps to have a clear picture of your issues with every single bit of relevent info.

• Clear summary of issue / request and impact to your business
  • Steps taken so far
  • Replication steps to reproduce issue
  • Log files (if any)
  • Screenshots

If you have everything in order, it always makes it easier for an agent to grab a convo at a glance and potentially offer immediate help or escalate without delay. I have found that if you are not clear, the back and forth to get to the matter at hand increases the duration of the conversation.

Sorry mostly common sense but this approach has helped me with all of our 'vendors' pre and during the pandemic.

Badge +3

Hey @user366​ ,

I've been waiting almost a week for certain replies as well. That's when I came across this forum. I think this forum will really help resolve issues faster as it grows. Maybe posting in a relevant section about your issues can get you quicker support.

OK - On some, random user convos the Apps buttons are not available. This started happening a week ago. We do not use leads, only users. There is no correlation as to why these convos just don't have any apps available. We have both installed and custom built apps. The apps work as normal on convos where they show up.Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 8.46.02 AM

I still pay my monthly bill which has stayed the same through the pandemic, and some of your services don't work. I can't get apps to load, critical to our workflows. Should I ask you to be patient while I don't pay my bill? I have been with the company since you were nearly a startup. I went through year of near daily outages, the subscription fee grab (where my bill went up triple the amount, even though I signed up with the unlimited seats plan), and now the huge wait times for support. You have a great product, but you can't support it.

Userlevel 1

Hey @user366​, I took a look at the conversation you opened with our Support team about this issue and it looks like the example conversation you shared there is API-generated. You'll be able to tell this for yourself because there'll be no icon (like a Messenger or email icon) under the conversation parts from the customer in the conversation thread.

It's not possible to share apps in API-generated conversations. If you look back through other examples where your team could not share apps, do these conversations also appear to be API-generated, too? (i.e. there is no icon beneath the initial message from the customer to show its source).

Yes, this seems to be the issue - we have some parts of the site generating convos through the API in very specific situations. I would put in a feature request that a conversation is a conversation, and the API is a highly valuable tool along with apps. Not allowing the two to pair up is a pain point. Thanks.