Answered

Is it possible to stop certain URLs from being tracked in Recent Page Views?

• 8 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hey,

Is there a possibility to encapsulate a url being sent to recent pages after/before it sent? or to remove it for certain users?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 8 October 2020, 16:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @yossi​, can you tell me a bit more about what you mean by "encapsulate a URL"? I'm not quite sure what you're looking to set up here.

Hey Eric,

Thanks for your comment.

When users use some pages in our website, they a url with query params such as somedata1=aaa&somedata2=bbb.

I would like to encapsulate "aaa" and "bbb" so it won't be stored in Intercom servers and won't be showed in recent pages.

Is that possible?

Is it possible to remove it this recent page for specific users at all?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for clarifying that for me, @yossi​, I know what you mean now!

Currently, it's not possible to change what gets recorded in the Recent page views field.

I see. Thanks for your answer.

Is there a way to remove the urls at all for certain users from being recorded at all for those specific pages?

maybe to use .shutdown() when i detect the user is in that page?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

The shutdown() method simply clears a user's conversation history from the Messenger - it doesn't prevent them from being tracked on that page. You'd likely need to build a custom wrapper, which runs and stops the Intercom script, so that you could stop it on the pages where you don't want information to be tracked in Intercom for your users!

Thanks Eric...

I'll look into that...

Userlevel 1

No worries @yossi​ - if you do get this set up, I'd be very grateful if you could share your setup with the community so that others can learn from you! 🙌